Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just When You Think You've Heard It All...

Aside from my 9-5 job, I also own and operate a taxi. It's amazing what you see on a Saturday night. This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to drive a customer to the sanctity of her porcelein god after a night of revelling. (translation: She was hammered, I drove her home). To the amusement of myself and the others sharing the ride, she stated rather factually that a "vote for a Liberal is a step in the right direction". Now I know you're all shaking your heads from left to right and back again at reading this, but upon further consideration I think you'll agree that she's right. We live in a democratic society that is free to choose a political party that will hopefully allow us to follow a path that we have chosen to follow without coercion or threat. We're very fortunate to be living in a country such as Canada. This is just my opinion, but this is the best country in the world to live. As for voting Liberal? Well, I'd have to say that a vote for a Liberal is as much a step in the right direction as is boarding a crop-duster is a step in the right direction when flying to Mars. I'm grateful to live in country such as Canada. Should I ever choose to go to Mars though, I think I'll take the Space Shuttle. And that's why I vote Conservative. (no anti-NEOcons were harmed in the making of this post. All Kool-Aid used was sugar-free. No heavy breathing was caused from typing at a rapid pace so as to reduce CO2 emissions).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea... people say the dumbest things when they're drunk, eh? ;-)