Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Things We Take For Granted

Between all the commotion of Karlheinz Schreiber, and the sagging fortunes of the Liberal Party of Canada, it's sometimes all too easy to overlook the things that matter most. Such is the case this week of the loss of a family member. In the room next to me is a greiving 18 year old girl, who has cried herself to sleep the last two nights. (Now I know that you're probably thinking about the joke about the blond girl, you know: I woke up 4 AM this morning and there was a beautiful blonde pounding at the front door;.....So I let her out!!)


Sadly, our companion of 18 years has left and not returned. After 54 birthdays, 18 Christmas seasons, 18 Easter Bunnies, quite a few marital disagreements, a couple of power outages, three graduations, good times and bad times; the one sane creature in our house has disappeared.


It's hard to say goodbye to a pet. I'm not sure I'm ready to yet.


Please come home.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's 2:36 am sat..apr..29/06....Sunshine died about an hour ago.

He was our cat..he was a really good companion and friend.
We took him in as a stray, back in 1991, I think he was about 2 or 3 then.

He got old, his time came suddenly,
we gave him the best of lives, he gave us the same.....

We're going to miss him, our little buddy..., o'l pal..., o'l chum ...!

Such is life.........................................................

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. My husband and I lost our 14 year old Golden Retriever to cancer a month ago and we`re still crying.