Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Porch Lights For Jack Layton

I just received a facebook invitation to leave my porch lights on for Jack Layton.

Respectfully, I had to decline the invitation. I disagreed with his politics, but how would leaving my porch light on honor his memory? Leaving a light on for an environmentalist makes as much sense as blowing up a local mosque or church to celebrate religious freedom.

Sorry facebook friends, but I think if you really loved Jack Layton, you would at least have paid attention to the things that meant something to him. If you really want to honor him, quit posting his open letter to Canadians to your facebook page and shut the damn computer off instead.

Just sayin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaving a light on for one night isn't quite the same as blowing something up...it's just a porch light.

Anonymous said...

What a needless waste of energy. Jack would be mortified to hear about this.

WE Speak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WE Speak said...

Check out http://votewithmedotca.blogspot.com

I'm not officially launching the campaign until next Monday but I'd like to kick start things in each Province with a few people - you were the only one from PEI that immediately came to mind! Glad to see you're still blogging. Eventually the domain will be votewithme.ca

Anonymous said...

teddy day love text messages
teddy day message for friend
happy promises day new images
funny images for promises day